Saturday, August 16, 2008

helllllos from Mumbaaaaii

Mumbai is advancing. People are getting sophisticated. I was sitting in an autorickshaw and experiencing a bumpy ride (monsoon season) .When the auto hit a bump more ferocious than the rest and the entire vehicle was in air for more than 3 seconds, the driver shouted out "Fuck!!" Last year, I remember, their warcry was always "Aichi/Aichya followed-by-something" :P
Their tastes are improving too. Atif is the new hero. He has totally replaced Himes Reshammiya.
Maybe they all like his "Dard waali awaaz" and it helps them reduce their dard.
I was unsure if the auto fares had changed, so after I reached, I asked "Kitna hua?"
He (driver) replied ," Minimum"
"Minimum kitna hota hai?? "
He looked at me with a mean look and shouted , "9 rupees" (He seemed sure that I was just acting and wasting his time and wanted to disrupt his pan-chewing ecstasy.

Seeing my California tan, folks back home (aunts and uncles) have seriously begin to doubt if I actually ever went to USA. They very strongly believe that when a person goes to USA, he always returns back atleast 2 shades fairer. It happened to my uncle too. (He lives in Chicago..where its freezing half the year ) I am sure they must be thinking I have tricked them all and instead doing manual labor work in Dubai or Kenya. I have instructed my parents to change their standard greeting dialogue from "Beta abroad gaya hai" to "Beta California gaya hai padhne".
I was subject to vertical scanning 4-5 times to observe the slightest change. No accent. No weight change. No appearance change. Only tan. Highly disappointing :P

7 comments:

The Ink in My Veins... said...

haha...neat blog...strange u havent changed...but im sure u have changed sum americans in the bargain! :D

Sunaina said...

ahahahaahaha. You are too cute.
I miss you all of a sudden.

Mera husbaaand laana matt bhoolna.

Pranay Meshram said...

lol... the tastes have changed..atif is the new hero... :)

viraj said...

firstly, welcome back.. and then, i can notice u havent changed a lot.. in terms of ur writing style.. its style neat and honest; and conveys precisely what u intend it to.. go on, give me a few more till i miss home.. :D

dreamer said...

hehe cute :)

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha soo true
like my mom says : whats the point of going to USA if you dont become fairer

My Musings said...

lol .... tht was funny :P