Sunday, January 6, 2008

desi romeos revisited

Clarification..The idea/theme is an old one but I try to modify the events/details as I see in my surroundings here.

Men will be men. Whatever you do ..like a dog's tail. It is in the blood. In the veins.
Romeogiri zindabad! Classification is complex depending on what basis you choose ,but the underlying methodology is the same! The brotherhood of the Desi Romeos is strong!

1) Recruiting Agent!


Favorite pick-up Line: I'm Dr Stranburg's RA.

He uses his academic clout to win over the innocent girls. He's been working with the well funded prof for 2-3 years and whose research group is activelt sought by the innocent freshers.
He gives valuable TIPS to the female prospective students, helps them in their work, promising recommendations to the prof (no one actually knows what say he has in the decision process)

2) The Dance Master

H
e's The shady groper.


Favorite Pick-up line..: Would you like to join Dance class with me ?

The most common kind : Downright cheesy.. Ulterior motive is to grope and fondle forbidden flesh.
He visits all dance parties. even the fresher orientation parties, targets few soft targets who look ready to burn the dance floor and starts wielding what he thinks is his magic. The guy then starts out for a full quarter/semester of "sinister fun" just for few bucks of registration fees. Obviously , on top of it , he makes it sure to convince her that :a) He has a passion for dance thats why he is taking the course b) She dances really well that is why its more fun for him
His popularity soars among his jealous friends and the poor girl gets bracketed in the Vulnerable or FAST category.

3) The chauffeur

" I am going to K-mart/Costco
want a ride?"

His major claim to fame is he has a car and that , acoording to him, is enough reason to win hearts over. He will initially claim that one seat is vacant (giving the VICTIM reassurance that other people are present then make some excuses about last minute drift of plans)

The Long Distance version of the chauffeur is "I am going to Bay Area"( 5 hr ride)
My times are flexible .

The add-on variety is one who has super stereo system and tries to woo using his music taste.

4)The Movie Champ

Hey..Lets watch this latest blockbuster on my DVD player.

He has no car. can't dance. no RA too..but he has the DVD player, which helps him have female guests over at his place well past midnight.
He changes into his lungi (or shorts) sits comfortably and tries to attack using his movie prowess.
"you know , I have seen that movie 10 times."
-- (Frankly, my dear, I dont give a damn. Keep your mouth shut while I watch the movie for free)

5) The firang-gf DUDE

"Hi. This is Jeniffer, My date"
Hes managed to patao a gori/firang dont know how. maybe the above tricks or anyways getting hold of a dumb blonde for 2 months does not take too much brains.
He is famous in the campus and looked on with respect."saale ne firang pakad li yaar"

"Lucky guy.. must be having fun so many times."

He dreams of getting a green card earlier through her. Tries convincing everyone that hes the first guy in her life, and somehow believes this himself too..


6) The tourist guide

"Last summer when I was in Vegas/NY/ florida"
Goes on bragging about his trips...thinks that will make him cool among the girls.. Goes by hitching a ride but brags about hiking up the mountains..again to build up that macho-image

Uses visual aids too... "This pic is of me standing in front to the Universal Studios. I saw George Clooney when I was there. Not the wax , the real one dammit"

7) The Father Figure

"No No , Main Uncle nahi hoon. Its only my 7th year here. Somehow I chose to stay here I m going to do my PhD till I get my noble Prize,( or my financial aid stops.)"
Hes on good platonic relationships with many ladies. On great terms with the veteran desi females which make the newbie girls comfortable being with him. He is the sadda GENTLEMAN
, trustworthy and helpful. He walks home girls on rainy days (has umbrella handy) Does not risk trying anything . his reputation tooks year to build. Dreams of a different raunchy world.


8)The IIT-ian
" I am from IIT B/M/K/D. I was 19th in JEE"

still believes his undergrad school can woo people.. wow iit ka bandaa hai
Always starts his line with.. jab mein insti mein thaa...
wears his old iit tshirt, and still uses the iit lingo

9) The geeky techie

"The digital asynchronous circuit put into transistor will work with analogous frequency and short up the power so you need to work in the gamma mode."

This guy has no major success except with newbies who want to get that doubts solved. The question is answered and the chapter is closed. No progress..


This is your encyclopedia on the majnu/romeo u find in grad school... no reference to any person dead or living :P







7 comments:

Sunaina said...

Man... I've met three of these. Baaki specimen milne ko hain.
TUm kaunse category mein ho, Zubin ji? =)

ZK said...

leave my category...which ones have u encountered?

Sunaina said...

The father figure, the IIT-ian and the recruiting agent.
HA.
Now answer my question, wench!

Satya said...

There is one more category: The committed single :P

Sunaina said...

The committed single... hm. thats cute. Id wanna meet one.

ZK said...

@nishit....haan should have put that first...ghar pe hi dekhta hoon roz..

@sunaina... You have met one. :P

dreamer said...

nice one... I have seen some of them. Have interacted with a few.