Thursday, January 3, 2008

Jab We Met

Hey! I know its not the most opportune time to write the review for a film that is few weeks already into running.. But what the heck!
Bollywood is a subject close to my heart as people knowing me well would b knowing well.
So maybe this is first of the perhaps-many-to-come "expert" movie reviews
If it were not for strong recommendations by friends whose movie taste I trust, I would never have seen this movie in the first place. The reason being, I am not a huge fan of Shahid-Kareena pair. Only thing I had seen with great curiosity and interest was their infamous lip-lock MMS scandal :P Also, recently, pure bullshit was being dished out in Bollywood in the romantic genre.
So , I started watching it with skepticism, to say the least.
But the movie slowly started catching my attention and the characters they were portraying were quite believable. Impressive. Enhanced performance by the duo. The treatment by the director was what set the movie apart from other lacklustre films. The dialogues and the language was what we used in college (and still use) and not over the top----(Main tumhare bacche ki maa banne waali hoon!!!! or Chand sitaare tod laaonga tumhaare liye or Tumhare liye jaaan haazir hai kind)
and the situations building up did not challenge my intelligence nor were beyond grasp. It made me believe in their story, and actually I didnt realise how time slipped away.
I am not good in technical reviews so I will not venture to critically assess the cinematography, editing and the kind. But I could immediately realize that the movie had a soul and that appealed to me.
All in all, a fresh breezy cute romantic film.
keep more of these coming!

No comments: