Saturday, January 12, 2008

Humaari Adhoori Kahani!

Disclaimer:: Following is pure fiction:----

Ring of the Alarm! I woke up hastily! Another hopeful day!
I had checked my "Today's Fortune section" in the midnight itself
"If your desires are not extravagant, they will be fulfilled" Yay! .Today's going to be my lucky day!
I need to make some 'progress' today!

Those days I was young! I mean, I still am (gabru jawan! :D) but 3-4 years back I was younger! Those were good old lovely days. Life had so much more charm then. And this was one of those days entrenched in memory!
Back to flashback (:P)
I got on to the bus. I waited nervously for her to get on the bus. Her stop would be here any moment, what am I going to say? What if I make a fool of myself? Would she have ever noticed me? I don't even know her name!
Interruption of thoughts! Bus stop! Her Stop!
I was among the standing passengers! You need to be blessed to get a chance to get a seat inside the Bombay BEST bus. I see her coming.! Good thing! No-bad thing! Increase of heart beats! Exponential rate of increase! She stands next to be! Sign from above- I am sure . (Above=heaven in case anyone didnt get it )
God, or cupid is on my side today!
She looked at me for a second. I glanced away immediately conscious of myself..! Bad Start!
She came, she saw, she conquered!
5 minutes passed, me-thinking what to say..
Hellos of various decibels competing inside me!
..Will my voice desert me if I speak? What will surrounding people think if she is rude or says she doesnt like talking to strangers? I have a reputation to keep, in the bus . I take the same bus everyday! Bhaari insult ho jaayega!!
Counter-opinion. Dont take tension! Simple hai! Hello hi toh bol raha hai! I love you thodi bol rahaa hai boss! . yes perfect logic. No one minds short random conversation.
I take one step closer. Taking three deep breaths and bhagwaan ka naam leke, I managed a big smile and said "Hi" . (My smile was so big and forced it was almost a wicked grin) . She smiled back and said "Hi". Step one successful. greetings exchanged. ice broken, Now what next?
Yea name of course. I introduced myself. name and college name. She did the same ! Now i know her name! Nice name to go with a nice face! "I have seen you many times in the bus and was just wondering which college you go to ! Half an hour standing in the bus can be extremely boring without some good company! " She said" I knowwww, ! you can't even read books when you are standing in the bus in this crowd"
I looked in her eyes when she was talking to me!
Her eyes spoke a thousand words! Unmoving, still, solemn, yet full of life!
She must have caught me staring! But slowly , I let my eyes wander somewhere else careful enough not to steal away the glance. She was about to say something. I didn't want her to. There was so much substance in the silence, I didn't want it to end! She asked me if I knew this some guy who was in the same class as me! I actually did and was on good terms with him! So , finally , we have a common friend! "The next stop is mine," she said.
Ouch! Then she smiled again and told me it was nice meeting me. "The pleasure is all mine" I don't know how much she meant her words. But My words had 1000 % truth in it! She got off after a handshake..and it was my best hand-shake ..lol..
The day in college after that didn;t have any meaning then. I was mentally absent!. Caan't wait for tomorrow then!


(to be continued......)

2 comments:

dreamer said...

nice description.... helps the reader live every moment... beautifully written!

The Ink in My Veins... said...

do u wanna partne? oh partner! do u wanna partner?? louvee me louvee meee...sayyy

awating the sequel to yr story mr.hopelessly-romantic-geeky-mr.pacific ocean!! :D