Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Labyrinth

Recently, when after a long time I sat down to think about my life, I realized I haven't been thinking much about my life. The once methodical, chalked out approach I had to my career and life has faded out. The transition has been pretty much intangible. I seem to have stopped thinking about important things; subsidiary thoughts have taken their place, enjoying larger time at the surface.
But then, I have been worrying less and taking things as they come, like a batsman playing each ball on merit, not knowing which way the ball will turn, relying merely on instinct. But a player has to play for a target- I feel a strong sense of a purpose missing somewhere- I wasn't a dabbler before. I am a person who always works by deadlines- getting things done just before deadlines gives you unparalleled joy- and when you take away deadlines from me- you steal that purpose, the sense of urgency.
Well, settling down in a new setting shouldn't take long- well physically it doesn't take long- your body adjusts well- but mentally it takes long-longer than you think you will take- longer than you realize, there is no indicator point over here. Time takes its own course, you cannot cheat it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats is so true for me too !